The weeping willow
was weeping,
feeling sad and lonely.
He wished he had
some good old friends.
One was the parrot,
who would sit on his branches and sing,
squirrels to scamper about,
and robins to chirp merrily.
He wished there was someone else besides,
the gardener who came to give him water.
But most of all he wished,
for boys and girls to swing
on his long inviting branches.
A little girl, that was me,
met him.
"I still thobble and wobble with pleasure,
when I remember the time you hugged me"
said the old, old willow.
"Now, I am quite a happy, old fellow
with squirrels to scamper on me
and birds to make their nest on me,
robins to chirp and monkeys to burp.
Best of all!
That young girl.
So, happy I am now!"
said the old, old willow.
Written By
~~ Saanvi Ummat ~~

No comments:
Post a Comment